Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Special Report - 'Going Natural'


I want yall to see this. I don't promote natural hair just because it's a preference. One of the MAIN reasons are for the health of YOUR hair. Not the hair that you bought. Not to mention, this brings out YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY AND PRIDE!!! This is one trend that I am happy that it is picking up.

You would be surprised at the amount of women who seemingly get offended by me telling them that they should go natural. They get offended by me telling them that I love their NATURAL BEAUTY. A lot of women reply like, "I don't want that nappy shit" or "I'm not tryin to look like no African". But wheather we like it or not, black people we ARE African!!!

Watching this video as well as others, AND since I know what black women do to their hair gets me to wondering. Why??? So, I talk with black women. I try to see what is going on. What is the root of all of this. But I guess it is what ir programmed. Our culture has programmed to think that the long silky hair is what's up. Now don't get me wrong, the long silky stuff looks good too, but at what price? Physically, it is damaging your hair and scalp. Then you have the mental. We are still already slaves enough, why be a slave to hair? Your hair does not look like a white woman's because you aren't white. You have to take pride in your natural beauty. Too many people think that natural hair is ugly because WE ALL have been programmed to think so.

I have also found that many black women who don't go natural just don't know how to take care and manage it. A lot of women think that going natural means just not doing anything to it at all. Yes, ladies you STILL have to manage and take care of it just like you did with with the relaxers, weaves , and wigs. Of course there are unique techniques because your hair is unique. There are many different HEALTHY ways to keep your natural hair looking good.

Also, think about the little girls. Now the knowledge and resources are definitely out there to teach our little girls that they are naturally beautiful. Nothing is wrong with natural hair. In MY opinion, giving a young girl a relaxer(I have heard of them getting them as young as age 3 or 4) is one of the worst things you can do. You are starting a ruining process at a very early age. Do you really want your daughter growing up doubting herself? I mean, there's always gonna be some doubts, but maybe you shouldn't contribute as well.

All in all, natural is the best way to go. It is healthy for your hair and scalp. And it is very beautiful. TRUE BEAUTY. If you think that you can't do it, there are TONS of videos now that tell you that you can. This is something that is a good thing wheather it's a trend or not, it still looks great.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this blog. When you first told me that some men prefer natural hair, I thought you were out of your mind but it turns out that I was the misinformed one. I let ny relaxer grow out for 9 months and cut off those ends four months ago. I feel more liberated than ever and I'm spending a lot less on hair care products and weave. I didn't expect the confidence that I would get shortly after and the joy. Now I take excellent care of my hair instead of doing whatever had to be done to get it as straight as possible. Smh. I just hope other women are able to see the beauty in their own hair without chemical relaxers and straighteners.

    ReplyDelete